The Making of Modern Liberalism is a deep and wide-ranging exploration of the origins and nature of liberalism from the Enlightenment through its triumphs and setbacks in the twentieth century and beyond. The book is the fruit of the more than four decades during which Alan Ryan, one of the world's leading political thinkers, reflected on the past of the liberal tradition―and worried about its future.
This is essential reading for anyone interested in political theory or the history of liberalism.
- Binding: Paperback
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Princeton University Press
- Part Number: 22369500
- Edition: Reprint
- Publication Date: 2014-12-07
- ISBN: 0691163685
- Publisher: Princeton University Press
- Studio: Princeton University Press
- Number Of Pages: 680
- Price: $25.34